WG4:Artificial Intelligence, Agency
and the Human Person
This group examines the nature of AI, and ethical challenges related to AI, focusing on fundamental questions such as:
- What does it mean to be an agent, and how are agency and receptivity intertwined?
- What is the relationship between agency and life, or between agency and (self)consciousness?
- What are the distinctive features of human agency?
- How does agency related to meaning in life and to well-being?
- Which aspects of human agency could (or should) be supplemented by intelligent machines?
- What applications of AI may frustrate ethically significant aspect of human agency?